SONRIS Frequently Asked Questions
What options does SONRIS offer?
Where can I get more information on the Data Subscription offerings?
Want to learn more? Follow this link to sign up to be notified when our next SONRIS workshop is scheduled.
Having trouble viewing the menu options? Press CTRL and + to increase your resolution.
Can't find your favorite Data Access report? It has likely moved. Review the SONRIS Data Portal Index to find its new home.
Save your favorite reports as bookmarks- follow this link to learn how!
What is Standard?
- Standard links are interactive reports that replace Java-based forms application. These reports contain the same live information as Conservation's internal database. Users can filter results by searching for specific parameters in the column headers or by selecting the drop-down search tool.
- More information is available by record beneath the primary field.
What is SONRIS Lite?
- Lite reports are HTML based that do not require Java for simple and fast access.
Report and PDF
What are Reports?
- These are PDF online generated Reports. Some of them require parameters.
What is PDF in SONRIS Data Portal?
- These are pre-generated static reports.
Does DNR provide electronic versions of these forms?
- All available options are available under SONRIS Data Portal.
What is IDR?
- Interactive Data Reports (IDR) are criteria specified, dynamic reports that can be exported to Excel. IDR replaces cumbersome ROD. Follow this link for an index of IDRs by topic.
What can I do in Document Access?
- Access stored documents.
Does Document Access require add-ons?
- Yes, Adobe reader for pdf files, and IrfanView for large document display such as well logs.
I am not receiving any results. What's up?
- Your popup blocker must be turned off for Document Access. Results populate in a new window.
Is there a user guide for SONRIS GIS?
- Oil & Gas
- About The Department
- Facts & Figures
- State Mineral and Energy Board
- Special Notice/Announcements
- How-To Guide
- Forms & Publications
- Haynesville Shale
- Force Majeure
- Geological Oil & Gas
- Injection & Mining
- District Offices
- Haynesville Shale
- Hearings — Oil & Gas
- Online Data (SONRIS)
- Rules and Rulemaking/Fees
- Search by Topic
- Interagency Affairs & Field Services
- False River Initiative
- Related Sites A-Z
- About DNR
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Information Portals
- Featured Services