Lafayette District Office
Welcome to the Lafayette Conservation District Office web page. Here are a few notes of importance to all operators that we hope will serve as reminders to keep you in compliance.
Lafayette District Office News
- >> Due to the COVID-19 emergency, the Lafayette District Office is only answering questions via email or phone call until further notice.
- >> No office visitors.
- >> All normal activities and operations continue… permits and well paperwork will be processed as they are received.
- >> Well inspections and other onsite activities will continue as normal.
- New form for test production clearance and request authorization to transport the test oil/condensate prior to approval of an R-4
- New forms for 90-day conditional test allowables
- Operators are required to provide well logs in electronic format
- Work Permit application information now available in SONRIS
Filing Drilling Reports via Email
- The Lafayette District Office accepts the submission of Drilling Reports via e-mail. Completed Drilling Reports are to be sent as an attachment via email to Laf-Drill@la.gov
Revisions to the Rig Arrival & Departure Dates
- Upon submission of an initial report (spudding a new well, a re-entry, or sidetrack of existing well) the "rig arrival date" is to be entered. Upon submission of the "final" weekly progress report, the "rig departure date" is to be entered.
Lafayette District Office Contact Information
Lafayette District Manager
825 Kaliste Saloom Road
Brandywine III, Suite 220
Lafayette, Louisiana 70508
Phone (337) 262-5777
Fax (337) 262-5486
The Lafayette District Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
For assistance by topic, email Laf-Info@la.gov or call the Lafayette District Office at (337) 262-5777 followed by the extension listed below:
- >> Application for Permit to Drill - Extension 210
- >> Operator Changes - Extension 209
- >> Work Permits - Extension 201
- >> MD-10-R-A, Completions, Recompletions, Well Allowables, Test Clearances, or 90-Day Test Allowables - Extension 208
- >> Turn-on Letters (well back on production) - Extension 208
- Orphan Wells
REPORT AN EMERGENCY