Office of Mineral Resources

Leasing Manual

How to Acquire a Mineral Lease on State and State Agency Lands and Water Bottoms in the State of Louisiana


Step 5: Advertisement of State and State Agency Tracts Offered for Mineral Lease

E. Request for Proof of Publication

A party may request proof that a tract was advertised in the official state and parish journals using the official form published by the Office of Mineral Resources found online at the OMR Forms page.  Proof of Publication consists of certified copies of the affidavits from the official state and parish journals attesting to publication. There is a fee of twenty dollars ($20.00) for providing Proof of Publication for a tract. LSA-R.S. 30:126(A).