Office of Mineral Resources

Leasing Manual

How to Acquire a Mineral Lease on State and State Agency Lands and Water Bottoms in the State of Louisiana


Step 5: Advertisement of State and State Agency Tracts Offered for Mineral Lease

F. Withdrawal of a Nomination after Advertisement

If an applicant wants to withdraw a nomination after the tract has been advertised for state or state agency mineral lease, he shall submit a letter requesting withdrawal of the nomination to the State Mineral & Energy Board, Attention:  Secretary. The State Mineral & Energy Board must approve the request for withdrawal. If the State Mineral & Energy Board approves the request, the Nomination Fee Payment shall not be refunded.